Each client’s skin responds differently to microblading. This information acts as a guideline only.
Day 1: Before bed, gently blot your brow tattoo using a damp cotton round and apply a thin layer of cream using a cotton swab. (Avoid showering for 48 hours).
Days 2-4: Clean your brows 2-3 times a day using a damp cotton round and apply a thin layer of cream every morning and night.
Days 5-14: Continue cleaning your brows 2-3 times a day with the damp cotton round and use a non-frangrance/non-alcohol moisturizer as needed if the area feels tight or appears dry/flaky. (You can use the provided cream as a moisturizer)
TRUST THE PROCESS AND DON'T PICK!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- DO NOT expect your brow tattoos to heal perfectly after the first session. This is a 2 step sometimes multiple step process.
- BE PATIENT during your 2 week healing process, your brows will change and appear different from day to day, THIS IS NORMAL.
- Immediately after your procedure brows will appear darker and more defined and this will last up to 2 weeks . Your brow tattoo can appear more solid, hair strokes may seem to disappear and it may look wet and painted on. THIS IS NORMAL.
- Around days 4-5 you will experience scabbing and your brows may look dry and flakey. DO NOT PICK your scabs, let them fall off naturally. If scabbing comes off prematurely, missing hair stokes will result and cause patchy brows.
- Your brow tattoo will take up to 4-6 weeks to fully heal. When the scabbing comes off the hair strokes may seem faint, this is because a fresh layer of skin has healed over the brow tattoo. Give your brows a few weeks and the hair strokes resurface.
- You may experience itchiness in the brows after 10 days and up to 2 months because of the healing of the epidermal layer.
- Not everyones brows can heal clean and crisp. Hairstrokes for oilier skin types tend to heal more solid and powdery while drier skin types tend to heal more crisp and defined.
THINGS NOT TO DO
- DO NOT go on any sunny vacations and avoid the tanning booth! Excessive UV exposure will alter the pigment of your tattoo.
- DO NOT use laser light therapy on your brow tattoo. This can darken, lighten, and distort the pigment.
- DO NOT run direct water on your brow tattoo. This is crucial for the first few days! You don't want to wash out any pigment.
- DO NOT use cleansers, soaps or any other creams on your brow tattoo. Wash around the area using a cleaning cloth or makeup wipe.
- DO NOT use Vaseline, neosporin, and petroleum based products on your tattoo.
- DO NOT apply any makeup on your brows for 2 weeks.
- DO not use exfoliants, retinol acids, or AHA’s on the area for 30 days after the appointment, it will fade your tattoo prematurely.
- DO NOT exercise and sweat for 10 days. Sweating may infect, discolour, or prematurely fade your brow tattoo.
- DO NOT go into sauna’s, pools, and steam rooms.
- DO NOT get massages, facials, or skin treatments during the healing process.
- This is a 2 step process. The first session is used to build shape and gain symmetry. The second session is used to perfect the brows and add density.
- The first touch-up or second session is done within the first 1-2 months after the first session.
- It is your responsibility to book your touch up appointments. With the high demand it usually takes about 1 month to get a touchup appointment so please plan accordingly. If your tattoo comes back too faded additional charges may apply.
- Out of town clients- a trip back for touchup's in your location is not guaranteed. All future appointments are done in our home studio in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Do not expect perfect results after the first session.
- Darker skin women, permanent makeup will not look as bold or sharp compared to lighter skin clients.
- Some client’s skin may have a harder time retaining pigment and may require additional sessions.
LONG TERM CARE
- There is no guarantee of results, everyone’s results will vary due to skin type, lifestyle, and the initial 7 day care and longterm care of your brow tattoo.
- Use at least SPF 50 to protect your brows, sun exposure will cause fading and can alter the color of your tattoo.
- Do not use chemical exfoliants on the brows, this will case the brows to fade faster.
- Do not do laser your brow area (IPL etc), some lasers may change the color of the ink.
- As the tattoo fades the strokes will get fainter and less defined.
- Maintenance is required to maintain desired results. Touchups are done on average every 9 - 12 months to maintain you brow tattoo.
- Hairstroke brows typically last 1-3 years.
There are no implied or written guarantees if you do not take care of your semi-permanent tattoo.